Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Day 16 Christmas in July

Here's a picture of Abby's journal that she made at our Winter Craft Sleepover!

Winter Craft Sleepover

Last year the week between Christmas and New Years I hosted a Winter Craft Sleepover for my two Great Nieces...and we made Winter Journals, some door hangers, and a couple other small items. This was a great way to extend the holidays...have to remember the holiday season doesn't end with Chrismtas Day!!


When they arrived we had some snacks, watched a Christmas movie and played around some. Then we worked on crafts. This is a super way to use up some random supplies cause kids use a variety of items and aren't quite as picky as we may be when it comes to art! Then we ordered pizza and watched another movie. Pizza was a nice break after all the holiday fare and so easy...lol. We were planning to play some board games after the movie but they wanted to craft a bit more so we did that instead. Finally I popped in another movie and they crawled into their sleeping bags.


I'm planning another similar Winter Craft Sleepover this year so I need to think of a couple easy craft items that they might enjoy...Can also do a new journal is they are interested. I'll try to have several things for them to choose from. Once I figure them out I'll post the ideas here at the Rudolph Day blog!!


No comments: