Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Day 2 of Christmas in July

Happy Day Two!!! I'd like to start us off this morning with a really yummy recipe. This can be used to make several cheeseballs for a party or buffet table or to make several as gifts.

Christmas Cheese Balls

4 (8oz.) packages of cream cheese
4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 cup chopped pecans
1/4 cup evaporated milk
1 can (2 1/4 oz.) chopped ripe olives (drained)
2 garlic cloves (minced)
1/2 teaspoon salt
Minced fresh parsley, chopped pecans, and paprika

In a small mixing bowl beat the cream cheese and the cheddar cheese together. Stir in the pecans, milk, olives, garlic and salt. Divide into thirds. Roll each into a ball. Roll one ball in parsley and one in nuts. Sprinkle the third one with paprika. Cover and refrigerate. Remove 15 minutes before serving!

Today I will be working more on recipes and menus. I hope to get back to you a bit later with another recipe or two!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, that looks easy! I will have to save that one and put it in my holiday recipe notebook. Yum, Yum!

Cathy Miller said...

Now that sounds like a keeper! I'm pasting that into my Christmas notebook on the computer!