Sunday, August 8, 2010

JOY Garage Sale Frames

Our town had a city wide yard sale a couple weeks back and I managed to pick up quite a few junk to treasure things. Total cost of all the items= $12.50  Shown above are three little frames purchased for 25 cents each. I have removed the glass.

Here are the same three frames after spray painting (1st coat). I used antique white.  I waited for them to dry and applied a second coat.


Same three frames. I cut some matting from scrapbook paper scraps and placed them inside the frames.


Same three....added some letters to spell J O Y. As you will see in the final picture, I ended up changing the paper and putting the green in the center for the letter o instead of last.



Here's the final picture with the paper switched and the glass back in the frames. I have them sitting at the base of a wooden Christmas tree that I also bought for $1.00 during the same yard sale trip. I think they will look cute nestled in some greenery on a table or mantle. I just didn't feel like digging through the Christmas stuff to get some greenery!

Project Costs:

Frames= 75 cents
Paint: $1.00 (I bought a can for $4.00 but barely used any for this project)
Paper and Letters= 0 (in stash of scrapping stuff)
Total Cost = $1.75 (and probably less since I used very little paint)

Since I used antique white for the frames you could rotate out the mats and have BOO at Halloween, etc.  Isn't it amazing how one can throw together a little new decor for pennies and a little imagination!

10 comments:

Mel said...

They look fantastic. What a great idea.

happeningswithLana said...

Very CUTE!

Terri said...

My sister in law is named Joy. She would think this is pretty cool. So do I!

Natasha said...

What a brilliant idea! I will look out for some frames so I can do this too. Thanks!

I am going to add your blog to my blog roll-I love it!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

House Elf said...

awesome!

Aggy said...

Beautiful.

SeaRune said...

Great idea! I'll have to try and make it if I can find the frames. :)

Tammy said...

What an amazon job you did! Thank you for sharing it with us!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What a great idea!!

Here's to thinking of Christmas all year round!! Yippee!!

Debbie @ A Debbie-Dabble Christmas

Denise Marie said...

very sweet. I love the tree too. I wish I hadn't let hubby throw out the old lattice now. We could have made a tree shape or star shape and used it outdoors...darn.

I will follow and have added you to my christmas blogspot blog roll.