Tuesday, December 27, 2011

The Christmas Art Journal Project Day One

So I did it.....I completed the Christmas Art Journal 2011....it was a bit of a challenge....some pages I love...and some are just ho hum. A few days I had to really work at figuring out what in the world to focus on. December is always a little crazy....so I started writing about the art journal December 1st and 2nd and then stopped blogging....I had to choose to work on the journal or blog...couldn't manage both!!  I did post some pictures on Facebook along the way.  Often I'd find myself adding "one more thing" to a page so that sometimes the page transformed AFTER I took a picture. Since that is the case I thought it might be fun to blog about the pages during the dreary month of January...here at Rudolph Ramblings, Each post will show a picture or two of the journal pages. Something I hadn't taken into consideration was the 'backs" of the pages...I wanted to keep it simple and tried just focusing on the page but then the blank backs just didn't seem to work for me...so I ended up doing them also. In addition, I added inserts throughout....making this a chunky little book. I'm still not sure about the binding. I started out using rings but the book seems to have outgrown those so I used twine.

So the picture above is the chunky little book....I painted it using scrapbook paint and then added some details. I'm not completely satisfied with the cover but it is...what it is! I hope you'll join me here at Rudolph Ramblings....as we travel through the art journal and the process I went through in creating it.

Also over at Ginger's Journey....I'm going to participate in a 2012 creative challenge called Index Card a Day....this has been around for awhile but I'm always a day late and a dollar short....so I'm just getting into it starting January 1, 2012.

No comments: