Monday, July 9, 2012

Yarn Trees Part 1

I had a hard time finding yarn I wanted to use. I wanted something in varying shades of green but there really wasn't any. Nor any true reds either!  So I went with this cherry which has cream, pink, and a sort of dark pink or mauve in it. I made three trees.

The star is actually a cheap faery wand that I bought at the dollar store. I broke the handle and stuck it in the top of the largest tree. I am playing around with the idea of taking it back off and using snow glitter on it. I think it might make it "softer" and therefore fit with the color scheme better. I still need something for the tops of the other two and some little ornaments to add. I am not doing very well finding anything that suits in my stash so it might be awhile before I get to finish them!

They were easy to make, relatively inexpensive and look cute in a group of three.  I would like to use the same concept with twine because my livingroom theme is "rustic" and I think they would be a nice addition!

1 comment:

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Ginger,
Really cute! I was thinking that you could also use jute or rope for a rustic look to. And maybe a small tinsel garland for a nostalgic look?
Hugs,
Deb