Friday, November 2, 2012

Christmas Art Journal Ideas 2012

Last year I actually managed to finish a Christmas art journal! Yeah me! It wasn't fancy and it was a messy clunky creation....but I still enjoyed doing it and still like looking at it!  I've tried various classes and online prompts...like Shimmel's Journal Your Christmas and Ali's December Dailies....yet never managed to finish...perhaps because they're so awesome and my style is hodge podge! So the Creative Spirit facebook group created a Halloween journal with me this year and were asking about the December prompts. I hestitated to do daily prompts like we did for the Halloween journal because December is busy with so many events and it's nice to be able to go with the flow and choose to create a page based on the day's activities BUT on the other hand the prompts were nice for the group because you could see different "takes" on the prompt.

So after pondering it for awhile I came up with 38 December ideas that are undated...meaning you can use it as a menu for your art journal...picking and choosing the ones you want and placing them on whichever day seems to fit. You can choose to journal December 1-25th or December 1-31st (with a few ideas to spare. You can even use some ideas more than once if you choose...like favorite Christmas quotations.

This year I am going to try posting about the topics both here at Rudolph's Ramblings and over at The Creative Spirit. I hope you will join me on this fun and creative journey!


Christmas Art Journal Ideas 2012.


* It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas.
* My December Calendar or Christmas Countdown
* Elves Galore!
* Favorite Christmas Quotation
* Five Senses of Christmas
* Holiday Cheer
* Christmas Cards: Yours this year or a favorite you received
* Favorite Christmas movie
* Christmas Trees
* Let it snow….or December weather in your locale
* Family Traditions
* Favorite Christmas song
* Christmas List
* Letter to Santa
* Wrapping paper
* J-O-Y
* Christmas Past and Present
* Sweet Treats
* T’was the Night Before Christmas
* Christmas Menu
* Silver and Gold
* BELIEVE
* The stockings were hung….
* Santa
* Holly and Mistletoe
* The Care and Feeding of Reindeer
* Doodle Christmas symbols…stars, candy canes, snowflakes, gingerbread men, etc
* A Christmas poem
* All I want for Christmas….
* Christmas Lights
* The North Pole
* Top five things I love about Christmas
* Christmas Faeries
* Gingerbread Houses/People
* Special Events
* Childhood Magic
* Red and Green
* Shopping

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hi Ginger, I love your list and am definitely going to include some of these categories in my Christmas notebook. One thing I don't see in your list is "Christmas Tablescapes." I love saving pictures from magazines of different tables set with Christmas china, tablecloths, centerpieces, etc. Love your blog!