Friday, September 13, 2013

Christmas Art Journals


Let's talk art journals.  There are several great journaling approaches for December/Christmas. One is Journal Your Christmas by Shimelle  This is the first one I ever participated in and I must say....I never did finish it. :(    The great thing is once you buy the class you can do it every year without repaying a fee. There are loads and loads of awesome ideas and pages to do throughout December. I think sometimes it's awesomeness overwhelms me as I don't consider myself too artistic. This one runs from December 1st until January 6th (the 12th day of Christmas)


online scrapbooking class :: Journal your Christmas

There's also December Dailies which are cool in their own right too. This one runs December 1st through the 25th. Of course, as always you can add more days if the mood strikes.  Again, tons of creative ideas, inspiration, and guidance.

 
Then you have my messy sloppy version  that I have done successfully for the last two years.  I think by "freeing" myself from a "plan". I also "freed" myself from comparing my pages to others. They are sloppy, some are NOT very artistic but they all journal my December experience.
 
Here are a couple pages from last years art journal:
 

This one highlights the Elf Dinner party.
 

This one is one of our favorite hot drink recipes that we enjoy during the holiday season.
 
 
 
 

No comments: